Baking is not my strength, but these cookies are fool proof. TRUST ME. These cookies are reminiscent of my favourite Peek Freans Fruit Creme cookies I would inhale as a child, but better.
I've also found, on my gluten free journey, that I prefer paleo baked goods to gluten free baked goods, overall. Paleo recipes have a lot less CRAP in them. They don't have added refined sugars and unnecessary starches and they are also very easy to make!
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of your favourite jam (I used the chia seed jam: recipe from "Oh She Glows" replacing the blueberries with raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl add in all ingredients except chia jam: almond flour, melted coconut oil, maple syrup or honey, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Use your hands and mix the ingredients together until they form a dough.
- Make cookies into rounds about half an inch thick with an indent in the middle for the jam.
- Spoon in some of your favourite jam.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until golden on top. Enjoy!