Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
This recipe is delicious and so easy to make. It uses on of my favourite members of the squash family, acorn squash! The best thing about this squash is that the skin is EDIBLE!
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 acorn squash
- 6 cups of arugula lettuce
- 1/2 of the juice of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or butter
- 2 table spoons of maple syrup
- 2 strips of chicken, turkey, vegan or regular bacon (optional)
- Pepita/Pumpkin to sprinkle as a toping
- Goat cheese or your favourite nut cheese as a topping (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut your acorn squash in half remove seeds and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper flesh side up.
- Melt ghee or butter in a bowl and add in maple syrup and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and mix together. Take a basting brush and and coat the entire squash in the mixture, pouring any leftovers of the basting liquid into the natural alcoves of the squash.
- Chop bacon strips into small bacon bit pieces and sprinkle on acorn squash halves.
- Place in the oven for 45 mins
- Toss arugula lemon juice, olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl
- When squash is ready, remove from oven and fill with arugula salad
- Top with pumpkin seeds and goat cheese and serve!