Recently, I've been obsessing over pesto. Using it as a spread, a pizza sauce and of course a pasta sauce. But pesto tends to be loaded with oils and cheese, both of which are really hard for my tummy to handle. I decided to create a recipe that changed that. This pesto is so delicious AND it is vegan, gluten free and nutritious.
- 1 bunch of kale (equivalent to 4 cups of kale)
- 10-12 leaves of fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp of himilayan sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1/3 cup of good quality olive oil
1. Place all ingredients in a high power blender or food processor. Blend ingredients together until well combined.
2. Enjoy with your next sandwhich, pizza or pasta!
I'd love to hear how this recipe goes for you. Comment below and let me know!